YEE HAW! Here’s a roundup of places I’ve been this week:
1. This week I’m over at the Internet Cafe, getting real about anger and giving away some copies of my book. Let me tell you, I’ve read every single comment and prayed over them (all 59!) this morning. Head on over and check out some practical ways to manage a temper, and sign up for a chance to win the book.
2. This week at Hope, David gave an incredible sermon on grace. If you need a shot of inspiration, you may want to download the sermon here. Some of my takeaways:
- Grace is about 100% confidence in Jesus, 0% confidence in me.
- God’s love has a way of changing our hearts and making us want to please Him.
- Trying to earn God’s love is the equivalent of not believing in Jesus at all.
- You know you’ve received grace when you become a person who gives grace.
- The more I understand grace, the more joyful I will be.
3. The last two Becoming podcasts have been really fun. I highly recommend the “Why Church?” episode, if you’ve ever found yourself feeling uncomfortable with the idea of “joining” a church. And today’s “Ideas are Easy” episode is awesome for ANYONE who’s ever tried to start ANYTHING!
4. I got the Everyday Matters Devotional Bible in the mail yesterday. Y’all, this is like a dream come true for me. My NIV Womens’ Devotional Bible was my trusty companion throughout my twenties. Being able to pick up my bible before bed and read a few verses and a short devotional became foundational for me in my discipline of bible reading. So I can hardly believe that I’ve been published in such a great resource. The Everyday Matters Bible is the NLT version (my new favorite, plus they also published my own book!) SO good. Devotional writers include Priscila Shirer, Nancy Ortberg, Shauna Niequist, Kay Warren, Philip Yancey and ME! (can you believe that??)
I’ll be giving one away at my newsletter, so if you haven’t signed up yet, now’s a good time to do it. Just click here and leave me your email.
5. That’s it for me. You know I love my readers, but I have a new joy for you recently. Although I don’t know your names or your stories, I know that you are honestly seeking God (or you wouldn’t stop here!) It is such an honor to walk with you as you seek Christ. And so I’m praying for you today, that you would grasp how high and wide and deep and long is the love of Jesus for ALL of us who seek him. I hope today you see a glimmer of hope, and that you grasp on to that hope with both hands, hold on tight, and follow where God leads.